Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Goofy Proposition

I don’t know about your corner of the world, but it was a beautiful morning here in Southern California. It got me me thinking what a waste it is to have to sit in an office all day missing the niceness all around. Since Funday has yet to show up on anyone’s calendar, I’m creating a voucher system to be able to enjoy days just like this.

I am pleased to announce the pending creation of the GOOF (Get Out of Occupation Free) card. The purpose of the card is to be able to take an excused and approved day off work. There will be some stipulations so that the pass is not abused. Most likely, each employee will be offered a certain amount of GOOF cards based on employment longevity. 1-3 years = 25 cards, 4 -7 cards = 30 cards and 7-10+ years = 35 cards. One card equals one day off. Yes, that’s a lot of excused days from work and yes, that’s the whole idea!

The cards cannot be used for taking care of children, not feeling well, being sick of your job, trying to avoid the coworker you just broke up with or for being too tired after a late night out because that’s what sick days are for (in case you weren’t aware of all the potential applications for sick days).

However, you can use the GOOF cards for a variety of fun reasons. Want to spend the day with a good friend, sweetie or your kids? That’s good for a GOOF card. Need to go to the beach (ok, want to go to the beach)? Yep, GOOF card. Trip to Vegas? Sick day…hah, got ya! When you wake up in the morning and it’s crystal clear out leaving you sad that you have to look forward to a sheltered day in your cubicle with no view of the weather, just call in and use one of your approved GOOF cards. It’s doesn’t matter how much work you have piled up, your boss can’t get upset. Of course, chances are your boss is using his GOOF card, too.

The best part of the GOOF card is that there are no black out dates. You can use it whenever you want and HR can’t question it. Woo Hoo. So wake up tomorrow morning, call work and take a GOOF day. Just don’t go play a round of golf or stay home and blog all day…that’s what sick days are for. Now does anyone know where I can get several thousand business card sized vouchers printed?

10 comments:

C... said...

Kinkos. Or a friendly UPS store.

Odat said...

I'm printing them as fast as I can!!!!! I'll FedEx them as soon as they're done to whoever wants a few thousand or so!!! I'm changing mine to GLOB days..."go lay on (a) beach" day. Of course you won't know I included the "a" in front of "beach" until many years in the future, when some language analyst from Australia decides to study this blog comment! :-)
Peace

Dr. A said...

What's in your wallet?

INAMINI said...

Please tell me they can be used for "stupid" days!

mist1 said...

Do I have to have gainful employment to have a GOOF card?

Ian said...

I'll be forwarding you my boss's address.

Ian

ShadowFalcon said...

I want one...I came back to work today and wish I'd stay home...Goof is the way forward.

Pickled Olives said...

Wow, I really could have used one of those today!!! I just want to curl up on my couch and watch movies today. It's fall. I'm gearing up for my winter hybernation.

thethinker said...

You've been tagged!

Awesome Mom said...

What about stay at home moms? I could use one of those now and then. When I use one a maid and a nanny should come and I get to spend the day at the spa.