Saturday, October 07, 2006

I've Been Tagged...Again!!

HeartsInSanFrancisco tagged me with this book meme. I hope that shot they gave me the other day covers multiple memes. At any rate, here are my bookish answers:

1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE?

Truly, the Bible.

2. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE?
Baseball by Ken Burns – it was the companion to his PBS documentary

3. ONE BOOK YOU WOULD WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND?
Anything by Dave Barry

4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH?
Any Dave Barry Book. In fact, I bought one before I had open heart surgery and tried to read it several times after surgery while I was still in the hospital. I never could get past the first page because I kept laughing, which hurt like the dickens (to use a literary reference).

5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY?
The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw.

6. ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN?
John Adams by David McCullough. It was a great read, I almost forgot it was history.

7. ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN?
How To Pick Up Chicks On A Budget. Ok, I made that up.

8. ONE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING?
I’m actually reading two at the same time: The Secret Life of Lobsters by Trevor Corson and I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This!: And Other Things That Strike Me as Funny by Bob Newhart

9. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ?
Dutch. It’s the biography of Ronald Reagan.

10. ONE BOOK YOU'RE GLAD YOU OWN?
1776 by David McCullough. It’s a reminder how lucky we are that we won the Revolutionary War and how easily we could have lost it.

11. ONE BOOK THAT MUST BE READ ALOUD?
Green Eggs and Ham

Those are my book selections. Now, I would like to tag Odat, Meloncutter and Lee. Sorry folks.

6 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

Blog is acting up again. Typed you a comment and it boot me. Guess it didn't like my green eggs and ham line...that sam I am.....

Great list of books!!! I think I will check some of them out.

Hope you have a grand day!

Unknown said...

Geeee Thanks. Might I encourage you to eat soy products. Lots of soy products. As much as you can. TRUST ME .... it helps with the thought processes in answering these MEME things. Trust me...


Later yall.

Odat said...

Nice list!!! Well, thanks michael, for the tag..at least it gives me something to write about today since my brain is on weekend mode.
Bob Newhart! Wow! Ya know we grew up listening to his comedy! My Mom had his "albums", believe it or not. Thanks for bringing back that memory!
Peace

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

mornin! glad you made it to the ba meeting, sorry i had already gone to bed, hope you had enough to eat and drink and that a few were still lingering. i know all about the kid thingy, had five myself, three charlie's, one mine, and one ours. whew! what a crew! bee

Lee said...

That was a fun one!

Did you know about Dave Barry's blog? He has been cracking me up for as long as I can remember. Love him!

ShadowFalcon said...

You picked green eggs and ham over cat in the hat??