Monday, October 09, 2006

A Ghostly Tag...

Irene over at Pregnant Pauses tagged me with a few Halloween related questions. It’s fun learning about and sharing with all of my friends in blogsville, but if I keep getting tagged I’m going to need to refill my prescription for blogicillin. Thanks for thinking of me Irene, that was very nice of you. Here are my ghoulish answers:

1. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
Without a doubt, it’s The Sound of Music. It’s not really my taste and I swore I’d never see it again. I’ll take my Julie Andrews with a Spoodful of Sugar, thank you very much!

2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood?
Well, it was my sophmore year of high school, but since I’m still just a big kid, that’ll be my choice. I put on sneakers and jeans and one of my dad’s sport coats, put a gap in my teeth with black crayon and went as my comedic hero, David Letterman. I had a top ten list and everything and different guys in each of my classes assumed the role of Paul Schaeffer. And the answer is yes, I’m still that pathetic ;-)

3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween?
That’s a great question. I’d probably buy the most expensive Darth Vader costume available, complete with evil breathing apparatus. If not that, then Dr. Evil. I’m not so sure why I want to be the bad guy though. Maybe it’s because I’m such a good guy in my everyday life? Nah!

4. When was the last time you went Trick Or Treating?
Technically last year when I accompanied Tinker Bell and Cinderella on their rounds of our neighborhood.

5. What's your favorite Halloween Candy?
Definitely Kit-Kat, but I don’t need it to be Halloween to enjoy.
MMMMMMMM Kit-KAAAAAAAAt

6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.
It usually involved having to be at school on a Saturday for some reason.

7. What is your Supernatural Fear?
Probably Hell. I mean what's worse than that.

8. What is your Creepy-Crawlie Fear?
Gigantic sea bass with frickin' laser beams strapped to their heads.

9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go Bump in the night.
It’s usually me…let me explain. My artificial heart valve ticks and at night when it’s quiet, it is very easy to hear. Just ask my wife.

10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight?
Yeah, as long as there was a free continental breakfast in the morning…provided I make it to the morning. BWAHAHAHAHA!!

11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?
Traditional triangle eyes, triangle nose and smiley mouth with two teeth all the way! Although there were a couple of years that I carved Dale Earnhardt’s #3 and Jr.’s #8. They turned out pretty cool.

12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?
Not a whole lot, although we have a ton of stuff. We just never seem to get around to it. You should see this place come Christmas though!

13. What do you want on your Tombstone?
Please step back a few feet, you’re standing over my stomach!

There are my answers. Thanks for letting me play Irene. I’m not sure who to tag that I haven’t tagged already, so why doesn’t everyone participate!

6 comments:

mist1 said...

I just want my name spelled right on my tombstone. I don't want to be correcting people for an eternity.

ShadowFalcon said...

Halloween here is a couple of bad movies on TV, 3 kids knocking on your door (who are ignored)and a few shop windows with cobwebs and pumpkins.

Thus I would have much on contribute to this quiz, though about the tombstone, I was thinking a massive 'X' but then wannabe pirate children would dig me up to oftern...

Odat said...

Sea bass with laser beams?????????
roflmaooooooooo...I don't know why but that struck me as hilarious!!!
Thanks for sharing....was fun!

Irene said...

You really went out as David Letterman?? Ahahahaha! I admit I do get a kick out of watching his show. But to come as him...TOO FUNNY! :p

Thanks for being game enough to play, Michael! You did great! I'm glad I tagged you. Until the next one...

Lizza said...

Your answers had me laughing out loud! I never heard anyone refer to The Sound of Music as a horror flick before. A realistic Darth Vader costume would be way cool. David Letterman as a Halloween costume, priceless! And your sea bass description just cracked me up.

Michael C said...

Mist: That is a great point!

Shadow: Also a great point. You both have made a compelling argument for cremation!

Odat: I have to admit that the sea bass comment is from Austin Powers...but can I get credit for remembering it correctly?

Irene: The tag hurt a little, but it was a lot of fun. Thanks for tagging me!!

Lizza: I don't why the Sound of Music scares me so much. I'll let some shrink figure that out ;-)