Sunday, October 29, 2006

Repost Sunday: Help, I'm Stuck To The Toilet Seat And Can't Get Up!

I rerun some of my older posts on Sundays as a way to highlight stories that you may have missed. Just think of it as 'thought recycling' and a day off. This was originally posted August 4, 2006.

Now tell me the truth, if you saw a headline about a woman suffering injuries after being stuck to a toilet, you’d read it. And so would I. It seems a woman in Council Bluffs, Iowa is now nursing burns she got when she found herself glued to a public toilet. The paramedics that responded (gosh I hope she’s not too bashful) had to use fingernail polish to free her from the toilet seat.

Officials believe that rubber cement was placed on the toilet seat as a prank. They are investigating the crime as both an assault and a vandalism. I’ll assume it’s vandalism of the toilet since there is also the assault charge. Local police officials fear more of what they are calling “sit and stick” crimes so they have hastily formed a new task force operation to combat that potential new problem.

In a complete invasion of privacy, Council Bluff’s city janitors have begun installing cameras in all public bathroom stalls. One city official was quoted as saying, “sure it’s constitutionally wrong, but if we catch these hooligans it’s well worth it. All residents and city visitors deserve to feel completely safe while sitting in a public facility with their pants around their ankles.”

Operation Anti Sticky Seat’s officers will be given the task of reviewing all restroom video. “It’s better than traffic duty,” said the head of the operation. “It’s a real challenge to head up A.S.S. since it’s vital we stop this from happening again,” said the official who begged to remain anonymous.

The victim is expected to make a complete recovery. She told local reporters that it was one of the most embarrassing moments of her life. If it was one of the most embarrassing moments, this lady should write a book. After all, if having to be rescued while being glued to a public toilet seat doesn’t top the list, this lady is one steely woman.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

omg michael! too funny. do you remember the lady that got stuck on the airplane toilet seat? she ended up with lifetime free airfare. i still wouldn't want to be her.

bet you are watching nascar.

bee

Awesome Mom said...

How the heck can rubber cement stick a person to the toilet seat like that? I could see super glue doing that but not rubber cement.

Odat said...

Ya left out the "H" in "Sit and Stick"...;-0

Peace
and Happy Funday!

ShadowFalcon said...

Is it wonrg that I can't stop laughing!

mist1 said...

Wasn't there a similar case of a guy that did this twice and tried to sue one of the places?

Parlancheq said...

I knew there was a reason my mom always insisted I wipe the seat of a public toilet with toilet paper before sitting down. :)

Foofa said...

I don't want to be stuck to a toilet seat but I also don't want people watching video of me in the bathroom. Not sure how i feel about this one.

thethinker said...

I don't know if I'd hate being the woman stuck to the seat or the person having to get her off of the seat with nail polish.