Friday, October 20, 2006

Five’s A Charm

I want to thank The Thinker 5 times for tagging me with this list of fives. So, here goes…

Five Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire:
Obviously I would quit work, so I won’t even count that one, but what I would do is:
1. Attend the night race at Bristol Motor Speedway
2. Build our dream home, with enough room for our closest family to stay with us during the major holidays (like the Daytona 500 weekend and Columbus Day)
3. Once a year take our closest friends and their immediate families on a cruise
4. Finally take my wife to Hawaii – Aloha Moola!!
5. Donate an entire ward and all the tools, equipment and medicine necessary to fill it, to our local children’s hospital. I would ask that it be named after someone in my life who has had a great influence on me – or TV personality Fred Willard. It really depends on how I feel during dedication day

Five Bad Habits:
1. Not listening when others are speaking
2. Laziness
3. Burping out loud
4. Procrastinating. Actually forget that one, I’ll type it later (see what I mean)
5. Interrrupting when others are speaking, usually to make a joke

Five Things I Hate Doing:
1. Getting up and going to work when my little ones and wife are still sleeping
2. Getting to work
3. Trips to the emergency room to be defibrilated
4. Attending funerals
5. Attending weddings

Five Things I Would Never Do:
1. Be mean to someone’s face
2. Cuss in front of my parents
3. Abandon my family
4. Steal
5. Root for Jeff Gordon or the Atlanta Braves


Five Things I Regret Doing:
1. Not trying open mic night at a local comedy club when my history teacher encouraged me to in high school
2. Leaving 2 very good job opportunites/career paths that were offered to me early in my working life
3. Not keeping in touch with a few old friends
4. Not starting my writing/blogging a year earlier when at home all summer recovering from major surgery
5. Waiting 4 years to lose all the weight I gained after getting married (and gaining it in the frist dang place!)

Five Favorite Things:
1. Family
2. NASCAR and Baseball
3. (Trying to) make people laugh
4. Good food (especially BBQ and lobster)
5. Christmastime (which as you know, seems to run from late September through New Years nowadays)

Five People I Choose To Do This:
Hmmmmm, whoever wants to. Just make sure you let me know you did. Hopefully the number will come out to 5!








Also, I want to thank Ra Ra Ra Bunggio at Awesomely Amazing for choosing me as the 2nd Place winner in his First Ever Wiki Contest to name a 'Cheesy Pick Up Line' ...woo hoo, it's a major award!!

7 comments:

Jo said...

I love this five's a charm. Do you mind if I borrow it? Great answers, by the way. You sound like a very nice person (well, apart from the burping out loud...) You should move that to your list of Five Things I Would Never Do....Hah.

I like that you would donate an entire ward to your local children's hospital. That's very nice.

Cheers,
Josie

Michael C said...

Josie: Thanks for the compliment. I'd like to think I'm nice ;-) Of course you can borrow it, in fact, just consider yourself tagged ;-)

Odat said...

Hey...I'm talking here...are you listening? lol
My how brave you've become! Thanks for sharing....
and Congrats on your award!! Pretty soon you'll have a star on Hollywood Blvd.! (is that where they are btw?)
Peace...Have a great weekend!

Michael C said...

Odat:
Yeah, I'm listening. Wait, what did you say? I think the stars are only Hollywood Blvd - I've only been on it once. I thought they wre just fancy manhole covers for a fancy city. You have a great weekend too!

Pickled Olives said...

Great list. How often do you get defribulated? Ouch. I find when I interupt people to make a joke, I usually hear crickets.

Lizza said...

Wow, nice list. Good food, yum! And congratulations on the pickup line contest.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Congratulations! Tomorrow the world.