Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'll Have (53) Hot Dogs And A Coke, Please.


Boy the spy business must be getting slow. I just read that 3 people were caught stealing Coke formulas and a new Coke product. One of the people was actually a Coca-Cola employee. Apparently they wanted to sell the secrets to Pepsi. Don’t worry about the great cola war flaring up again; Pepsi helped Coke with the investigation. Now we are just left to ponder what the secrets were. Maybe New Coke will make a comeback. Does anyone even remember what it tasted like? I sure can’t. Speaking of New Coke, here’s a list of foods it might be neat to make ‘new’ again:

New Spam
New Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
New 13 KFC herbs and spices
New Big Mac
New Chalupa
New 31 flavors…or would that be 62?
New Awesome Blossom

Ok, I'm done. If you've got any you want to add, just email me and I'll try and post them!

Now for the hot dog portion of the blog. Yesterday, one of July 4th’s most enduring traditions was held for the 90th time. It was the Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest. As hard as it was to stomach, I watched the entire hour-long coverage of the 12-minute event. It aired on one of the ESPN networks, so you know it’s a legit competition. In 12 minutes, Takeru Kobayashi of Japan ate 53 ¾ hot dogs, besting his previous record of 53 ½. This was the 6th straight win and ‘mustard belt’ for Kobayashi. It was a close competition this year as American Joey Chestnut, who led for a few of the 12 minutes, gulped, chugged and gagged his way to 52 frankfurters.

If you’ve been thinking about dieting or worried about eating too much next July 4th, just watch the contest before your meal. You won’t have to worry about having an appetite. Now if you’ll excuse me, the smoke of my BBQ means my first 12 pack of all beef hot dogs are just about ready!

No comments: