I was tagged by Meleah (as opposed to stealing her last post idea) to blog about 8 things. So here we go, so here we go, so here we go, so here we go, so here we go, so here we go, so here we go, so here we go. Yep, that was 8 times, provided I counted correctly…
8 Things I’m Passionate About:
1. My twins
3. Humor writing
5. Watching my LA Clippers lose
6. Great TV
7. Music – just listening. I can’t sing or play a lick. Holy heck, did I just use the word lick when I was describing something a dog does?
8 Things I Say Often
1. OK, quit hanging on Daddy now.
2. I’m going to be late getting into the office this morning
4. What would Michael Scott do in this situation?
5. That’s What She Said
6. Go ahead and call HR on me. It wouldn’t be the first time.
7. Wait! That came out all wrong. What I meant to say was…
8 Books I’ve Read Recently:
1. A Ronald Reagan Biography
2. A Christmas Carol
4. Green Eggs and Ham – no it wasn’t for the twins. Why do you ask?
5. The Secret Life of Lobsters
6. A Dave Barry book from 1994
7. Apollo 11
8. A collection of Charlie Brown comics
8 Things I want To Do Before I Die:
1. Get something published (although I guess make funeral arrangements should be first on this list)
2. Get a job I enjoy
3. Move to a tropical locale and lounge on a hammock in my sandals Kenny Chesney style for the rest of my life
4. Get that damn gopher in the back yard
5. Go to a culinary school
6. Move out of So Cal
7. Attend baseball games at Wrigley Field, Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium
8. See the August night race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
8 artists I can listen to over and over again:
2. Dean Martin
3. The Beach Boys
4. The Beatles
5. George Strait
6. Alan Jackson
7. Hank Williams – Jr. and Sr.
8. Dare I say Barry Manilow?
Basically any oldies or country will keep me happy
8 things that attract me to my friends:
2. Fun to be around
3. They’ve got my back like I’ve got theirs
5. Fondess for food
6. They put up with meWow, I could only come up with
I guess I am always open to having friends.
8 things I learned in the last year:
1. Don’t blog at work
2. When jogging in the morning, turn back home when the first rain drops start to fall.
3. Lucy and Ethel will gleefully repeat ANYTHING I say.
4. Don’t flip steaks over with my bare hand.
5. Did I mention not blogging at work?
6. Never try to shoot down a wasp’s nest with a hose.
7. Don’t mess with Female Coworker.
8. Blogsville is full of really, really great people!