Saturday, December 16, 2006

Things I Learned This Week: 12/16/06

Because I want to spare you from experiencing some of the things I endured over the last few days, I post “Things I Learned This Week” each Saturday. It’s educational, sometimes insightful and for some reason, always makes me look pathetic. I hope that at least one item on this list will make your upcoming week much easier. So here are the “Things I Learned This Week” for the week of 12/10/06-12/16/06.

! I learned that when I think I should wear a coat and tie to a work function it means I probably should. Khakis and a button up shirt don’t quite compare, especially when the big wigs show up and pictures are taken.

! I learned that I should check with my coworkers before I make a Christmas CD and give it to them. Apparently not everyone shares the same musical favorites that I do during the holiday season.

! I learned that when I’m going to take my little ones out to drive around and look at Christmas lights and decorations I need to make sure they went to the bathroom first.

! I learned that when I’m going to put some logs in the fireplace for a nice family night in front of the fire that it’s best to make sure the flue is open.

! I learned that when I know a movie is going to be part 2 of 3 to not expect a tidy ending, but rather a cliffhanger. Didn’t Barbosa die in Pirates #1? What's the deal?

! I learned to not let my blood pressure rise dramatically every time a Christmas bulb under our second story eave goes out. It seems my constant mumbling about it isn’t appreciated.

And lastly,


! I learned when it is very cloudy and cold outside and all the forecasts say there will be a few inches of rain that no matter whether I see a glimpse of sun or not, I should not go and walk four miles. Does anyone know who can repair a water logged MP3 player?

7 comments:

Odat said...

Aww...you didn't have a very good week did you???? lmao...(sorry for laughing)...Have a great weekend ..
(did you have your christmas music on your MP3player btw??? ;-)
Peace

Michael C said...

Odat: Of course I did ;-)
Nat, Bing, Herp Alpert, Perry Como, you know, just the standards ;-)

thethinker said...

You could always ask for a new MP3 player for Christmas!

Billy said...

Don't ya love it when you get in the car and drive for about fifteen minutes, then you hear that little voice, "I have to pee."

Rachel Schell said...

oh that dang flue. I did the same thing the other day. it finally got cold enough to start a fire and forgot to open the flue. And keep in mind we have a GAS fireplace. Nothing like putting everybody to sleep early...haha...that was just a joke. I realized only seconds after lighting it.

mist1 said...

I got caught in the rain with my iPod once. I ran to a garbage can in the heart of a cute little shopping/dining district and pulled out a plastic bag to keep it dry. No one even offered to give me their spare change.

Foofa said...

I love driving around looking at lights for x-mas it's a family traition. Although once my sister and i moved out it could only be immediate family cause the rents chucked the minivan 1st thing.