Thursday, August 14, 2008

Randomocity Friday

It’s the weekend! Well almost, but we’re still close enough to it for me to be able to yell ‘It’s the weekend!’ Seriously, before you continue, just yell it once. There, doesn’t that feel good. Nothing beats a summer weekend, except for maybe a fall weekend. But then a spring weekend is so nice and pleasant. Actually, here in So Cal, winter weekends aren’t that bad either. Ok, nothing beats ANY weekend. Can I get an amen? Yeah, that was probably a bit over the top. I’ll try to tone it down for next week...

* Apparently me and my coworker telling a secretary in the office that ‘we work really hard, our jobs are very stressful’ while we are eating ice cream with our feet up on his desk doesn’t come across as very credible. It probably didn’t help that we said that while our mouths were full.

* I’m not sure which was worse last week – the fact that Rite Aid had Halloween candy and decorations already for sale or the fact that I used that as an excuse to ask if we could go ahead and decorate the house. The answer, in case you were wondering, was no.

* When one of your 5-year-old daughters asks ‘how do you spell this,’ she actually means the word ‘this.’ I’m telling you that because if you know that ahead of time, it will save you a few agonizing and frustrating minutes of:
‘Daddy, how do you spell this?’
‘Spell what?’
‘This’
‘I can’t see which word you are asking me to spell’
‘This, Daddy, how do you spell this?’
‘Lucy, what word do you want to spell? If you don’t tell me, I can’t help you.’
‘This, this word right here.’
‘You mean the one with t-h-i-s?’
‘Yes Daddy’
‘Well why didn’t you tell me that?’
‘I did (full of attitude with head shifting from side to side) tell you!’

* A coworker went shopping during her lunch and brought in the bag of dog food she purchased. In the feeding recommendations, it actually refers to female dogs as bitches. Really, right there on the label. It said something like ‘Bitches: feed 3 cups twice daily.’ It took me all day to get over that. I even shared it with the family at dinner. Then realized that probably wasn’t a good idea.

* And speaking of good ideas. Here’s one that wasn’t. I was playing Kid Rock’s ‘All Summer Long’ while driving the twins to school the other day. You know the song, the one with the lyrics that include ‘we were trying different things and we were smokin’ funny things…’ I got a little worried when they got out of my truck still singing it, but since neither their teacher or any of their friends’ parents said anything to us, I guess I dodged that bullet. In my defense, I just thought they’d like the song because it uses some of ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ and has a good beat. I guess it’s back to the High School Musical soundtracks….

* When Mrs. Dash gets angry, does she pepper people with her salty language or does she only do that seasonally?


That’s it for the week. I now prepare for the weekend when the blog world seems to descend, like a bear, into hibernation. The only difference is that technically a bear doesn’t really hibernate because they can be awakened so easily from their slumber, like me, dammit! Not sure where I read that. Maybe it was in Time Magazine, which I read by the way, in case I haven’t mentioned that. I find it makes me smarter it makes me think I sound smarter. And if you wondered about any other useless facts or have any questions at all, remember to get them to me so I can tackle them Monday for Q&A Monday. Have a great weekend!

**Also, if you are a Mac/Apple lover, want to be a Mac lover or a PC lover that wants to better understand the Mac lover in your life, check out Meleah’s amazing video about her Mac Lovin’.

12 comments:

Erika said...

FYI - We watch the National Dog Show every Thanksgiving so my husband can hear John O'Hurley say "that is one good looking bitch!" He laughs about it until Christmas...

Anonymous said...

Please tell me your kidding about the Halloween decorations being out already. Please.

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

That story about your daughter asking you how to spell "This" is just great. LMAO. I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

I am cry laughing over THIS conversation with your daughter! Thats a classic.


And THANK YOU so much for that little 'video pimpage' you are the best blogging buddy a girl can ask for!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Kudos to you for finding a way to bring up Mrs. Dash in a blog. That takes talent!!

Hallie :)

Patti said...

I was hoping to be the first to write about a salty woman this season, but I see my hopes were DASHed.

Well, I try. Sometimes I fail. Like now.

I love the conversation with Lucy. You two could become the 2008 version of the comedy duo "Abbott and Costello."

"Who's on first?" etc.

Have a great Friday Michael!!

I don't go into blog hibernation on weekends. That's when I get most of my visiting and writing in!

Expat No. 3699 said...

Your right, nothing beats any weekend...and I am soing counting the minutes until mine starts. That would be 143 in case you're interested.

I am a big fan of Mrs. Dash, as I have high blood pressure and must watch my sodium intake. I also like Mrs. Butterworth and Mrs. Grass, but not as much.

Have a great weekend!!

Toodles~

Q&A for Monday...How do you spell that?

sari said...

I always wonder how I survived growing up in the era of songs like "Undercover Angel". I mean, I knew all the lyrics. I didn't have a clue what they meant, but I don't know if my mom ever listened to the words or not.

And I was at Michael's (a craft store) last week and they had Halloween decorations out already, which sort of made me mad.

Maybe someone needs to make up a new holiday.

Janna said...

I'm mentioning you in my Monday post over at the Jannaverse, in case you have a moment of extreme boredom and feel like checking it out Monday morning.

A brief mention, I admit, but at least it involves you and cheese.

Anonymous said...

Ya know? I love you on random. It's a delicious medley like Jambalaya. Thanks for the laugh

Anonymous said...

They're selling Halloween decorations already?

Was the Christmas stuff in the next aisle?