Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I’m Looking At The Menu, But Nothing Sounds Good

So, here’s the deal: I just got home from a long work day and I’m only running on one wondrous hour of sleep. 9 out of 10 doctors say that’s not enough. I tend to agree with them. I thought long and hard (that’s what she said – because you can never be too anything to miss a TWSS opportunity) about what to post, but I swear to you that my fingers are hitting the keyboard with what seems like a several second delay. This isn’t good because I tend to lose a thought before I can – aw crap, I already forgot where I was going with this.

I am left with what I am told is a conundrum. I’m pretty sure it’s a condominium but I also realize I shouldn’t be arguing with someone who was sleeping while I was softly humming The Beatles’ “I’m So Tired” last night. Hence, we shall use conundrum, which in this case refers to whether or not I should try to write something good because I like to post daily, or to search for a good repost since I can’t leave yesterday’s post up due to the fact that it didn’t seem to generate much interest. I blame the economy and the judges in last night’s parallel bars women’s final.

Seriously, the Chinese girl (because we can’t legally say woman when referring to her) messes up her landing and Nastia sticks it resulting in a gold medal tie and our Nastia gets a silver? And writing about Santa in the middle of the summer? Did the earth slip off its axel. Actually, I think the word I was searching for might be axis. Now I understand why all my meds say not to operate heavy machinery because the pills may make me drowsy. I’d like to also add that an electric toothbrush is apparently classified as ‘heavy machinery’ because I caught myself brushing under my nostrils at one point this morning. And since I will forget doing that by the time I wake up tomorrow, can someone please remind me to get a new brush head in my comments section? Thanks in advance.

Where is this all headed you have probably gotten sick of asking yourself. Well, I will not attempt a post tonight and will instead suggest that you go to Wikipedia and look up ‘Tillamook County Creamer Association,’ ‘cheddar,’ ‘SNL,’ ‘cubicles’ and ‘Barry Manilow.’ Doing so will give you a really good chance of reading something I probably would have mentioned in today’s post anyway. And thank you for your understanding. By the way, does anyone know how Nastia Liukin fared against China on those parallel bar thingies Monday night? I hope she won gold.

13 comments:

Just telling it like it is said...

I was so upset about the call about the gymnast the american girl did sooo much better what the heck...
get some sleep... I feel your pain....

Sizzle said...

I swear the Olympics are messing with my sleep pattern. I just can't turn it off!

At least you had a minty fresh feeling all day in your nose, right?

Eva said...

Sleep well, Mr. C! And oh, don't forget to buy...um...I forgot. Cheese? You can't go wrong with cheese on this blog's comments, so I'll go with that.

Hannah said...

I could spend all day on wikipedia! I love looking up all kinds of randomness.

I hope that you get some sleep tonight. How you are running on only one hour is amazing to me. Bravo. That deserves a gold medal.

:)

Expat No. 3699 said...

Uhm, yeah. Don't forget to buy some head cheese.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to buy Barry Manilow's Cheese Cookbook or er, um, that thing they use for brushing the chalk dust off the parallel bars. Oh, and Michael Phelps is my new hero.

chefmom said...

Can you believe that crap?? What happens to tie scores?! I read they had to go to a second tie-breaker for her to get th silver. Ang against a child that I believe is only 13! Sleep well!

JustRun said...

The Olympics are killing any chance I have to a) have a life at night, or b) care about having a life in the morning.

Also, when you throw a TWSS in in the beginning of a post, it is then all I can think about while reading the post. "Thanks in advance" TWSS.

Foofa said...

I too am losing much sleep because of the Olympics. If I didn't have a DVR I would probably be dead. FYI, lady gymnasts don't do Parallel Bars just the dudes. Nastia came in 2nd to Shawn Johnson on her last event, beam.

Some sports just don't allow tie scores period. However, since gymnastics allows tied scored for every event but the Olympics I think the rules should be the same all around.

Does anyone know why there are gymnasts from Russia and Romania who are listed as 15? Why isn't there talk about them? I mean the Chinese girls are probably underage and all but at least when i look at my TV it says they are 16.

Patti said...

I'm not watching the Olympics. Your last post may not have generated much interest (4 commenters!) but I enjoyed it.
It must be the Dog Days of August, Michael. I'm sure your numbers will be going back up after Labor Day.

I'm number 10 here, on yesterday's post. That's not so bad.
Hope you got some rest last night. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how you managed to pull off this post with a TWSS on one hour of sleep.

I hate that dizzy slow motion body movement feeling.

Kudos for blogging! I would have passed out!

magickat said...

That gymnastics sh*t was RIGGED! I am behind on reading so hopefully I don't have to remind you, but just in case: buy a new brush head.

Romie said...

I am really behind here - but I would like to add, I like you when you are falling off your a** tired :)