We all have to go sometime. Where you ask? To work? To the bathroom? To that wedding of a friend we really can’t stand? Jury duty perhaps? Shopping for evil things like celery? Well, not quite. I mean we all have to “go” sometimes, as in die, pass away, ascend to that great amusement park in the sky.
Before I do though, there are a few things I’d like to get the chance to try. Yes, I could just call it my bucket list, but I may get sued and sent to Shawshank prison (yes, that’s a really bad double Morgan Freeman reference) and while I would love to travel to Maine, I was thinking of slightly nicer accommodations when I get there. So anyway, here is my
bucket water pail list.
* Shoot an old fashioned cannon – I’m not quite sure when my desire to do this appeared, but I can’t wait to get to try this. In a forest or a desert or a big clearing somewhere, I just want to load and fire a cannon and watch the cannon balls fly. The target I’ll be shooting at, you ask? Bowling pins, granted they’ll be a few football fields away, but it might just be the best thing to hit the game of bowling since the Wii came along.
* Walk into a bar and have everyone call my name - Now I don’t mean literally walk into a bar, as in collide with it, although that would probably get more people calling out to see if I’m ok. I mean walking into an eating or drinking establishment and having everyone shout my name. In fact, I’ve wanted this one for so long that I’d even answer to them calling out someone else’s name. Except for Sue. I do not want to have to answer to Sue.
* I’d like to return the denim overall back to fashion prominence - No, we’re not all farmers, railroad engineers or construction folk (to be as absolutely stereotypical as I can), but who can argue with pants and shirt in the same article of clothing? And let’s face it, calling them overalls instead of a Phirt sounds infinitely so much better.
* At the same time, I’d also like to see the fedora make a comeback - (and really, how great would it be to see a bunch of fedora topped people in overalls walking around) Sure people like Jason Mraz wear one, but I mean having men in general don them with their daily work attire or for social events or for just going out on the town or for engaging in infidelity (ok, that last one may have been inspired by watching too much Mad Men lately). I’ve been working on a slogan for bringing fedoras back, but the best I’ve come up with so far is “A plethoras of fedoras,” and I’m pretty sure the plural of plethora isn’t even a word.
* Flip an egg in the pan and actually not puncture the yolk. Not too incredibly much to say about this one, but really, I’ve been trying to perfect the egg flipping thing since Junior High. It’s time.
* Go to Graceland – Nothing too fancy about this one. I just want to go to Graceland. And sing “It’s Now or Never” in a full Elvis 1970s concert jump suit. Complete with karate moves. And giveaway scarves to soak up my perspiration (because that word sounds so much better than sweat). But that’s all. Like I said, nothing too fancy.
* Bring a new phrase into the national and cultural lexicon. Right now the two front-runners are “Harsh my Vibe” and “Cool Peeps.” Here is an example of each: “Man, Facebook keeps harshing my social networking vibe every time they disable my profile.” And “I had a bacon and cheese omelet for breakfast. It was cool peeps!” Yes, obviously I am still taking suggestions…
* Sit in a balcony and heckle – While this one sounds cruel, I’d really be doing it in homage to the Muppets’ Waldorf and Statler. I’ve been working on some canned comments to yell in anticipation of the big event, but every time I practice them, I get threatened. At least up in a balcony, there’s some safety from being harmed. Unless of course you’re Abraham Lincoln…